Jonathan Wagner

Savannah, GA, USA
Currently living in Louisville, KY and attending Savannah College of Art and Design via eLearning in order to receive an MFA in Writing.

Looking for a position in the creative field in the Louisville, KY area. Will continue the MFA in Writing through eLearning.

Completed an MA in Graphic Design at Savannah College of Art and Design. Received a BFA in Visual Communications from Ball State University.

Nerd. Space Explorer. Imagination Is Key. To Infinity And Beyond.

Very passionate about storytelling and design!

Work Experience

Kelly Services

Substitute Teacher

Substitute at New Albany-Floyd County, Clarksville, South Harrison, and DePaul school systems, all of which are located in the Southern Indiana and the Louisville, Ky area. Able to work with all grade levels. Have demonstrated the ability to follow rules and lesson plans, while also being as flexible as the circumstances require. Comfortable with scheduling days for planned absences as well as picking up same-day assignments. Facilitate and encourage learning within all types of environments.
September 2014 - Present New Albany, Indiana, United States

Savannah College Of Art & Design

Graduate Teaching Assistant

Spring 2014 Quarter. Class title is Classics of Science Fiction. Attended every class and observed teaching styles. Participated in class discussions. Observed two other classes and their teaching styles. Kept a daily journal of observations. Met regularly with the professor, outside of the class, to discuss teaching methodologies. Led at least two class period discussions. Developed a hypothetical syllabus.
March 2014 - May 2014 Savannah, Georgia, United States

Mobilize Art

Community Builder

For my writing internship, I spent my time as a Community Builder at Mobilize Art. I collaborated directly with the founder, Zubin Mehta, along with other members of the team. I assisted with writing the literature for the company and any material that could better communicate the beliefs of Mobilize Art to the greater art community.

Being a Community Builder involved using strong writing and communication skills, an enhanced sense of time management, the resourcefulness to seek out answers, and the capability to build healthy relationships.
December 2013 - March 2014 United States

Savannah College Of Art & Design

Graduate Instructor

The graduate instructor for four summer seminars of The Great Poster Tradition. Each seminar lasted a week long, Monday through Friday, for two and a half hours, concluding with a show at the end of the week. Each student contributed one piece from the class. Demonstrated the ability to teach skills to high school students. Organized creative lessons and projects, adapting them for individual students when needed. Held in depth conversations about design with the class.
June 2013 - August 2013 Savannah, Georgia, United States

YMCA Of Coastal Georgia

Front Desk

My role at the YMCA comprised signing up new members, taking payments from current members, and assisting with problems and any other daily office tasks needed to keep the front office running.

Strong communication and people skills were needed for this job. I worked at the YMCA during school breaks.
June 2012 - June 2013 Savannah, Georgia, United States

Tour Design Creative

Graphic Design Intern

I completed a design internship with TourDesign during my undergraduate studies. I worked on designing ads for national music and entertainment tours. The ads would be used for a range of applications, from billboards to magazine ads. The studio environment was very fast paced.
January 2011 - May 2011 Carmel, Indiana, United States

Education

Savannah College Of Art And Design (SCAD)

Master of Fine Arts in Writing

September 2012 - Present Savannah, Georgia, United States

Master of Arts in Graphic Design

September 2012 - August 2014 Savannah, Georgia, United States

Ball State University

Bachelor of Fine Arts in Visual Communications

August 2007 - May 2012 Muncie, Indiana, United States

Languages

English (Native),
French (Beginner),

Awards

Enormous Art Exhibition (Juried)

Photography Accepted

2011

Ball State Student Art Show (Juried)

Photography Accepted

2010

Skills

3D Related Work, Adobe Creative Suite, Branding & Identity, Brochure & Publication Design, Creative Writing, Digital Imaging, Graphic Design, Html & Css, Javascript / JQuery, Package Design, Photography, Poster Design, Printmaking, Storytelling, Typography, Web Design, Writing,