My focus is helping organizations’ digital products thrive by creating great user experiences. I do this by employing timeless UX design principles, business analysis, visual interface design, and UX engineering. I help transform legacy (if you call it clunky I may join you) experiences into easy-to-use systems… Read More
My focus is helping organizations’ digital products thrive by creating great user experiences. I do this by employing timeless UX design principles, business analysis, visual interface design, and UX engineering. I help transform legacy (if you call it clunky I may join you) experiences into easy-to-use systems. My preference is to create mobile-first user experiences that look and function beautifully using responsive design techniques. My approach is holistic in nature and utilizes my experiences in Information Architecture, HCI, and usability research. With many years of programming experience as a UX/UI designer and developer I am able to deliver solutions that are developer-friendly and can be executed on, as opposed to pie-in-the-sky greenfielding (a.k.a. “chasing rainbows and unicorns” with pretty pictures that are not implementable).
My business analysis background, combined with my technical and visual design background allows me to engage in complex problems where I deliver interactive prototypes to product development teams after working through the end-user and company needs. My preference is to work side-by-side with development teams, product management teams, and end users in order to deliver the absolute best user experiences. Having served on executive-level teams, leading design and development teams, I understand the importance of the whole process from design through development to deployment working well.
Simply put, I "nerd out" on UX. With four degrees in the realm of interactive design and a lot of clients on my roster that I have helped, I am truly invested in the craft of UX/UI Design+Development and thoroughly enjoy helping organizations succeed and win at their goals of creating great products. If you are interested in creating great products too, I'd love to talk.
Following are things that are in my toolset:
• User Experience Design: Develop transformative user experiences across core platforms, portals, products, and services, with an iterative design strategy for consumer
focused product UX; guide, maintain and communicate UX
consistency across all platforms with an iterative production
• Interactive Strategy: Initiated a strategic business-building approach to user experience designs while negotiating user goals and needs, business needs, and sales needs, while integrating user research and usability evaluation throughout the entire design process, benefiting the organization by providing clear structure for a start-up environment
• Usability Engineering: Lead user-centric design initiatives to include in-depth user testing, usability engineering, focus group sessions, and data-driven design decisions
• Team Management and Product Delivery: Supervised large-scale projects (10,000+ hours), united local and international development teams while communicating across teams and departments and the end user to negotiate effective design decisions
• Business Analysis: Interface and bridge business and customer requirements for engineering and programming teams, including user testing through launch, providing expertise in feature definition, design, feasibility, forecasting, and implementation
• Product Delivery: Resolved business and customer requirements and user testing results into sophisticated and aesthetically pleasing product experiences; deliver inspiring conceptual work in addition to producing design specifications, information architecture and task-flow diagrams. Take ideas from concept to production stage, including redlines, prototypes, guidelines, and other communication methods to bring designs to life
• Visual Design: Utilize deep understanding of user interface principles and best practices of human interface design, while employing skills in typography, motion design, and mobile+desktop interface design; create visual prototypes (comps/animations/videos) that explore different brand and visual principles
• Information Architecture: Deliver user flows, wireframes, mockups, presentations and comprehensively annotated design specifications, prototypes and final designs for internal/external development teams